Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Research Engineer is $80,083
What Do Research Engineers Do?
A research engineer is responsible for conducting research on behalf of their organization; the breadth and type of research varies depending on their role. They must be able to analyze systems (for example, identifying the vulnerable parts of security architectures and developing ideas for how to reduce vulnerability), as well as provide guidance to engineers and other professionals in different specialties as needed. This employee needs to be able to write reports and give presentations to …Read more
- Define material properties, develop concepts, verify prototypes, create and execute clinically simulated bench tests.
- Manage multiple project timelines, resources and responsibilities to achieve goals.
- Verify and validate designs and transfer new products into production.
- Transfer products designed for manufacturing throughout the development cycle and into full production.
- Lead a design team to create and develop new products and innovations.
FAQs About Research Engineers
What is the highest pay for Research Engineers in Morgantown?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Research Engineer in Morgantown is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Research Engineers in Morgantown?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Research Engineer in Morgantown is $NaN / year
How can Research Engineers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Research Engineer is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Research Engineer that oversees more junior Research Engineers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.