Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Research and Development Engineer is $79,500 in 2023
What Do Research and Development Engineers Do?
Research and development engineers create new business opportunities by researching and inventing new engineering and manufacturing methods, as well as applying new knowledge and technology to improve existing methods. In this way, they help enable greater efficiency in manufacturing and in bringing new ideas to fruition in the marketplace. Research and development (R&D) research teams may work on their own or with scientists and/or product design teams to take a product concept, create …Read more
- Define material properties, develop concepts, verify prototypes, create and execute clinically simulated bench tests.
- Manage multiple project timelines, resources and responsibilities to achieve goals.
- Verify and validate designs and transfer new products into production.
- Transfer products designed for manufacturing throughout the development cycle and into full production.
- Lead a design team to create and develop new products and innovations.
FAQs About Research and Development Engineers
What is the highest pay for Research and Development Engineers?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Research and Development Engineer is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Research and Development Engineers?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Research and Development Engineer is $NaN / year
How can Research and Development Engineers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Research and Development Engineer is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Research and Development Engineer that oversees more junior Research and Development Engineers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.