The average salary for an Entry-Level Security Administrator, IT with Microsoft Active Directory skills is $49,948.
Is Security Administrator, IT your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$37k - $66k
$0 - $8k
$33k - $62k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Security Administrator, IT
A security administrator of information technology is responsible for managing all IT-related security and safety issues within a company. This can include developing systems and policies, as well as overseeing the implementation of procedures to secure both company and customer data. He/she also implements systems aimed toward preventing malware infections of company computer hardware. As a security administrator, this person helps develop their company's written official guidelines for how i…Read more
Security Administrator, IT Tasks
- Analyze and define security requirements for local and wide area networks.
- Update secure configurations by routinely reviewing vendor sites, bulletins, and notifications for security information.
- Recertify application, platform, and server security periodically.
- Provide technical advice on access control, security models, disaster recovery, business continuity planning, and security awareness training.
- Plan, implement, monitor, and troubleshoot internal information technology security policies, application security, access control, and corporate data safeguards.
Explore the most common career paths for Security Administrator, IT. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
Security Administrator, IT
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Security Administrator, IT Job Listings
Popular Skills for Security Administrator, IT
IT Security & Infrastructure
Pay by Experience Level for Security Administrator, IT
An early career Security Administrator, IT with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $54,914 based on 71 salaries. A mid-career Security Administrator, IT with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $67,472 based on 53 salaries. An experienced Security Administrator, IT with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $78,801 based on 40 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $81,000.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 171 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$44k - $87k
$53k - $131k
$50k - $106k
$49k - $103k
$41k - $81k
$60k - $124k
$46k - $100k
$59k - $127k
$51k - $108k
$60k - $112k