Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Senior Accountant is $48,500 in 2023
What Do Senior Accountants Do?
Senior accountants are the lead "numbers" people in any company with an accounting division. They are responsible for keeping a company financially organized. They must be talented in mathematics and organized so as not to miss any financial information. Even missing one number in the thousands of numbers they see every year can completely change the standing and decisions of their company executives. So, it is imperative that they be accurate. Senior accountants also will often manage …Read more
- Maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Investigate budget and variance issues.
- Analyze financial data in order to prepare financial reports and prepare budget forecasts.
- Maintain general ledger as needed.
- Generate and interpret financial records and statements for management.
FAQs About Senior Accountants
What is the highest pay for Senior Accountants in Tucson?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Senior Accountant in Tucson is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Senior Accountants in Tucson?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Senior Accountant in Tucson is $NaN / year
How can Senior Accountants increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Senior Accountant is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Senior Accountant that oversees more junior Senior Accountants, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.