The average salary for a Senior Accountant with Auditing skills in Utica, New York is $55,298.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Senior Accountants Do?
Senior accountants are the lead "numbers" people in any company with an accounting division. They are responsible for keeping a company financially organized. They must be talented in mathematics and organized so as not to miss any financial information. Even missing one number in the thousands of numbers they see every year can completely change the standing and decisions of their company executives. So, it is imperative that they be accurate. Senior accountants also will often manage team…Read more
Senior Accountant Tasks
- Maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Investigate budget and variance issues.
- Analyze financial data in order to prepare financial reports and prepare budget forecasts.
- Maintain general ledger as needed.
- Generate and interpret financial records and statements for management.
Senior Accountant Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Senior Accountants?
Skills in Financial Reporting and Financial Analysis are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Tax Preparation, Budgeting and Microsoft Excel.
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Senior Accountant in their job title in San Francisco, California earn an average of 58.4% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in New York, New York (39.3% more) and Houston, Texas (38.6% more).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 13 survey responses.
More Cities for Senior Accountant