The average salary for a Senior Accounting Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is $89,143.
Is Senior Accounting Manager your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$85k - $127k
$3k - $10k
$89k - $137k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Senior Accounting Manager
A senior accounting manager typically oversees a team of accountants, accounts receivable clerks, and accounts payable processors. They are responsible for maintaining a company's accounting systems, which may include accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash flow, and revenue. Senior accounting managers usually are responsible for generating periodic reports to guide management and other staff in budgeting, reviewing the company's financial position, and other strategic and operational reason…Read more
Senior Accounting Manager Tasks
- Ensure that accounting systems, processes and procedures are in place and followed by all members of accounting department.
- Develop training documentation and programs in order to improve staff efficiency and streamline processes.
- Develop, prepare, and review financial statements and reports.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and yearly budget and forecast reports for delivery to upper management.
- Coordinate staff audit schedules and establish timelines for completion of achievable project goals.
Explore the most common career paths for Senior Accounting Manager. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
Senior Accounting Manager
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Senior Accounting Manager Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Senior Accounting Manager
General Ledger Accounting
Skills that pay less than market rate include Accounting, General Ledger Accounting and Financial Reporting.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with Senior Accounting Manager in their job title in San Francisco, California earn an average of 47.0% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in New York, New York (29.5% more) and Denver, Colorado (29.3% more).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 4 survey responses.