Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Senior Accounting Manager is $86,476
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Accounting Managers?
A mid-career Senior Accounting Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $107,000 based on 80 salaries. An experienced Senior Accounting Manager with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $86,476 based on 96 salaries. In their …Read more
What Do Senior Accounting Managers Do?
A senior accounting manager typically oversees a team of accountants, accounts receivable clerks, and accounts payable processors. They are responsible for maintaining a company's accounting systems, which may include accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash flow, and revenue. Senior accounting managers usually are responsible for generating periodic reports to guide management and other staff in budgeting, reviewing the company's financial position, and other strategic and operational …Read more
- Ensure that accounting systems, processes and procedures are in place and followed by all members of accounting department.
- Develop training documentation and programs in order to improve staff efficiency and streamline processes.
- Develop, prepare, and review financial statements and reports.
- Produce monthly, quarterly, and yearly budget and forecast reports for delivery to upper management.
- Coordinate staff audit schedules and establish timelines for completion of achievable project goals.