Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Senior Budget Analyst is $77,264
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Budget Analysts?
An early career Senior Budget Analyst with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $68,853 based on 46 salaries. A mid-career Senior Budget Analyst with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $78,783 based on 58 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Senior Budget Analysts Do?
A senior budget analyst is the person who is responsible for helping an institution organize their finances and budgets. This is a position found in a variety of professional settings, including public companies, non-profit organizations, government agencies, and universities. A senior budget analyst will typically work in an office environment, although some light travel may be required. This person will typically keep traditional weekday, daytime hours. However, overtime may also be …Read more
- Review and analyze budget data, identifying gaps and finding data to answer key questions.
- Identify trends and opportunities to improve financial status.
- Develop, validate and communicate financial metrics.
- Meet with and guide department heads about budget needs and decisions.
- Present findings in multiple formats to multiple audiences.