Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Senior Computer Scientist is $128,664
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Computer Scientists?
An early career Senior Computer Scientist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $110,000 based on 11 salaries. A mid-career Senior Computer Scientist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $130,045 based on 17 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Senior Computer Scientists Do?
Senior computer scientists are typically employed in research work involving data and information systems. They work for a variety of large-scale companies and industries, and often hold a supervisory role at the head of a research team. Senior computer scientists generally gather and analyze data for their company to develop more efficient systems for data-sharing, storage, and communication, and may also work within larger research development departments to create new product …Read more
- Working from general concepts, create prototypes and final products.
- Oversee incident response and troubleshooting.
- Analyze architectural and functional needs and produce appropriate tools.
- Code and test prototypes and products, ensuring usability.
- Interact with clients and internal teams to understand and document requirements.