Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Senior Computer Scientist is $129,969
What Do Senior Computer Scientists Do?
Senior computer scientists are typically employed in research work involving data and information systems. They work for a variety of large-scale companies and industries, and often hold a supervisory role at the head of a research team. Senior computer scientists generally gather and analyze data for their company to develop more efficient systems for data-sharing, storage, and communication, and may also work within larger research development departments to create new product …Read more
- Working from general concepts, create prototypes and final products.
- Oversee incident response and troubleshooting.
- Analyze architectural and functional needs and produce appropriate tools.
- Code and test prototypes and products, ensuring usability.
- Interact with clients and internal teams to understand and document requirements.