Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Senior Contract Administrator is $80,407
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Contract Administrators?
An early career Senior Contract Administrator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $73,892 based on 40 salaries. A mid-career Senior Contract Administrator with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $81,413 based on 86 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Senior Contract Administrators Do?
A senior contract administrator is responsible for ensuring that all contracts produced for clients - as well as agreements and negotiating summary plans - meet federal, state and company standards. These administrators are also in charge of identifying needed changes in these documents and ensuring they are included. Senior contract administrators often oversee a team of other contract administrators, reviewing their work, providing guidance, and providing disciplinary action as needed. …Read more
- Draft, edit and verify contracts and their amendments, updating associated schedules.
- Research and document relevant laws, technical needs and other factors.
- Negotiate and update contracts, their rates and their terms with vendors.
- Interpret and explain contracts, their terms and their implications.
- Document terms, data and status of projects in associated systems.