The average salary for an Experienced Senior Credit Officer with Banking skills is $117,000.
Is Senior Credit Officer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$50k - $189k
$503 - $37k
$52k - $223k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Senior Credit Officer
A senior credit officer, sometimes referred to as the chief credit officer, is a senior manager within a financial institution such as a bank or credit union. They handle a number of tasks, including creating procedures and policies for credit and loans, implementing a system of credit analysis and quality assurance for loans, and examining files for credit assurance and collateral documentation. Senior credit officers also prepare written analyses regarding large loans, identify problematic loa…Read more
Senior Credit Officer Tasks
- Analyze financial information to determine credit quality, approve credit, and document risk factors.
- Develop and document risk mitigation standards and processes.
- Investigate and understand discrepancies, problems, and unusual situations.
- Document and report on lending relationships' status and quality.
- Direct due diligence and portfolio assessment practices, evaluating work.
Senior Credit Officer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Senior Credit Officer
Risk Management / Risk Control
Skills in Risk Management / Risk Control, Credit Control and Commercial Loans are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Loan Underwriting and Financial Analysis.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 7 survey responses.