Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Senior Database Administrator (DBA) is $111,910
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Database Administrator (DBA)s?
An experienced Senior Database Administrator (DBA) with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $128,000 based on 5 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $111,910.
What Do Senior Database Administrator (DBA)s Do?
Senior database administrators work as team leaders with computer engineering teams in order to create database architecture to accomplish the necessary goals of specialized computer software. Senior database administrators have very clear educational goals: they need a bachelor's degree in computer science or in similar fields. They will also need certification for database administration from an accredited board, such as Oracle. It is possible to forgo acquiring a bachelor's degree, but …Read more
- Design, architect, and build databases from determining business requirements.
- Write and troubleshoot complex stored procedures.
- Develop innovation, strategies, processes, and best practices.
- Manage and mentor small team of DBAs.
- Work closely with programming staff on database design changes to meet business requirements.