Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Senior Photographer is $62,445
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Photographers?
An early career Senior Photographer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $55,030 based on 16 salaries. A mid-career Senior Photographer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $62,276 based on 34 salaries. An experienced Senior …Read more
What Do Senior Photographers Do?
Senior photographers work for a range of organizations, including advertising/marketing companies, photography studios, magazines, and newspapers, and many also work independently. Because this is a senior position, a great deal of experience is typically required and they must also be able to coach and mentor less experienced photographers. Flexibility is often necessary for this position, as they may need to work varied schedules including days, evenings, nights, holidays, or weekends. They …Read more
- Review sets of photographs to select the best work.
- Utilize software such as Photoshop, Lightroom, and Bridge to edit photographs.
- Use creative and technical photography knowledge to compose high-equality photographs.
- Assess, critique, and train junior photographers.
- Conduct photography sessions across a variety of customers and settings.