Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Senior Test Engineer is $97,898
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Senior Test Engineers?
An entry-level Senior Test Engineer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $96,661 based on 13 salaries. An early career Senior Test Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $89,405 based on 118 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Senior Test Engineers Do?
Senior test engineers generally work with computer software and hardware. These engineers test and create programs for a company for their own internal programs or usage or for third party/public usage. Senior test engineers generally work with and/or oversee a dedicated team of test engineers or developers, and they work with them to suss out and address any issues that might arise in a given system or program. Because they often lead teams, they must have excellent communication skills and …Read more
- Develop test plans and design hardware/software to execute those tests.
- Provide technical expertise and design input to other teams.
- Create, update, and communicate required documentation.
- Verify and validate new tests, test systems and solutions.
- Perform automated and manual tests, interpret results and de-bug.