Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Social Work Supervisor is $40,832
What Do Social Work Supervisors Do?
Social work supervisors function primarily in a supervisory role, guiding the activities of less experienced social workers within their organization. There is also a significant administrative component of the position, as social work supervisors help run the social work program within an organization.
In terms of leadership duties, social work supervisors act primarily in a mentoring role, meeting frequently with direct-report social workers to review cases, critique work, and offer …Read more
- Supervise, support, and evaluate a team of social workers in day-to-day operations.
- Educate clients on options and make referrals to other agencies.
- Review and improve recommendations and treatment plans, including identifying psychological tests or other unmet needs.
- Offer guidance and assistance with complex or difficult cases, including coordination of services.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable regulations and documentation practices.