Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Soil Scientist is $56,500
What Do Soil Scientists Do?
A soil scientist evaluates the quality and composition of soil for the health of humans and other life. These scientists often work in the agricultural field and may be tasked with figuring out how to better grow plants or solve growth problems that have arisen. Other tasks performed by soil scientists may include providing advice on how nutrients and water supply should be changed, as well as evaluating erosion risks for sites depending on the type and quality of soil. Construction projects …Read more
- Define data collection and analysis methodologies and document goals.
- Answer questions, explain implications and inform decision-makers about soil status.
- Work with stakeholders to identify remediation and improvement actions, educating to ensure compliance.
- Write up and explain results, providing context and recommendations.
- Collect and analyze data, validating and verifying findings.