Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Soldier is $38,000
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Soldiers?
An early career Soldier with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $29,277 based on 6 salaries. A mid-career Soldier with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $35,000 based on 14 salaries. An experienced Soldier with 10-19 years of …Read more
What Do Soldiers Do?
The daily life of a soldier can be quite demanding and is best suited to those who are flexible, determined, punctual, and willing to take orders. A high school diploma is generally required and applicants must have a clean criminal record, but there are few other barriers to entry.
After an initial training period which lasts a few months, soldiers go where the military needs them. This could be anywhere in the world, and it's not uncommon to move from one location to another every few …Read more
- Operate and maintain a wide variety of military equipment.
- Listen to or interfere with enemy electronic transmissions.
- Perform a range of duties such as stores accounting, electronic ledger supply and warehousing duties.
- Cook for personnel in different environments ranging from formal events through to exercises in the field.
- Participate in classroom lectures and field training in the areas of navigation, field craft, administration, and more.