Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) is $38.87
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)s?
An entry-level Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $33.43 based on 18 salaries. An early career Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $36.34 …Read more
What Do Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)s Do?
A speech language pathologist (SLP) works with adults and children having some difficulty with speech or processing language properly. Their patients may have problems related to motor and physical skills, as well as cognitive issues affecting the ability to express language. A speech language pathologist's patients may range from those seeking help with stuttering or disfluency to those suffering from more serious difficulties such as aphasia (the inability to articulate any speech).
Many of …Read more
- Administer hearing, speech and language evaluations, tests and examinations to patients.
- Evaluate hearing, speech and language test results, medical background to diagnose and plan treatment for speech, language, fluency, voice and swallowing disorders.
- Develop, implement and monitor treatment plans for problems such as stuttering, delayed language, swallowing disorders and or voice problems, adjust treatments accordingly.
- Document the initial evaluation, treatment, progress and discharge of patients.
- Instruct patients in communication techniques and teach speech, muscle and breathing exercises.