Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Sports Lawyer is $90,000
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Sports Lawyers?
An entry-level Sports Lawyer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $80,000 based on 8 salaries. An early career Sports Lawyer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $87,500 based on 15 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Sports Lawyers Do?
A sports lawyer is a specialized attorney who represents professional athletes, teams, and even coaches. While most work with contracts and some even serve as agents for players, not all in this position are actually licensed attorneys/lawyers. Sports lawyers generally help to establish contractual provisions and make recommendations to their clients, and they may also be called upon to represent a player or team in matters of disagreement over an existing contract. They may also serve as the …Read more
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.