The average salary for a Sports Lawyer is $97,211.
Is Sports Lawyer your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$61k - $175k
$550 - $68k
$3k - $100k
$48k - $219k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Sports Lawyer
A sports lawyer is a specialized attorney who represents professional athletes, teams, and even coaches. While most work with contracts and some even serve as agents for players, not all in this position are actually licensed attorneys/lawyers. Sports lawyers generally help to establish contractual provisions and make recommendations to their clients, and they may also be called upon to represent a player or team in matters of disagreement over an existing contract. They may also serve as the fi…Read more
Sports Lawyer Tasks
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.
Job Satisfaction for Sports Lawyer
Sports Lawyer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Sports Lawyer
Pay by Experience Level for Sports Lawyer
An entry-level Sports Lawyer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $80,000 based on 9 salaries. An early career Sports Lawyer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $90,000 based on 13 salaries. A mid-career Sports Lawyer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $115,820 based on 6 salaries.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 28 survey responses.