Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Staff Attorney is $69,854
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Staff Attorneys?
An entry-level Staff Attorney with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $57,213 based on 59 salaries. An early career Staff Attorney with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $66,067 based on 409 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Staff Attorneys Do?
Staff attorneys are legal employees who work for a variety of organizations, often as full-time employees. Staff attorneys use their legal expertise to help deal with the day-to-day legal issues with which their organization needs regular assistance. The daily duties of a staff attorney might include advising their employer on legal matters, performing pre-litigation analysis, conducting research as it pertains to legal matters within their organization, and carrying out legal proceedings. …Read more
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.