The average pay for a Technology Analyst in Houston, Texas is $15.86 per hour.
The average pay for a Technology Analyst in Houston, Texas is $69,399 per year.
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|$32,654 - $83,838|
Job Description for Technology Analyst
Technology analysts improve and maintain an enterprise's information technology system. They are tasked with examining the function of computer systems, identifying problems and areas for improvement in execution, and designing solutions. This may involve the development of new software solutions, the implementation of new hardware, testing to maximize function and compatibility, and a constant monitoring of systems to address issues as they arise and ensure smooth, consistent operations.Read More...
Information technology on the enterprise level involves a vast and ever-expanding array of systems and functions. Therefore, technology analysts may either be assigned to specific tasks, such as network maintenance or database administration, or a general role in which they or their team handles all tasks. As even a dedicated role will often overlap with other areas of the enterprise's information technology (IT) enterprise, a knowledge of all organizational IT roles is preferred for most applicants. Information analysts require superior analytic abilities, attention to detail, and the ability to solve problems in a timely manner.
Employers usually require applicants to have at least a bachelor's degree in information science, with certain sectors also preferring some emphasis in related fields such as engineering. A master's degree is highly preferred by all employers and required by some. The information analyst likely works predominantly onsite in an office environment. A technology analyst may be assigned shifts; however, the highly sensitive nature of information technology jobs means that hours may be long and shifts variable. (Copyright 2019 PayScale.com)
- Responsible for the creation and implementation of business processes, workflow, technology solutions and technology frameworks within a business organization.
- Follow business-specific standards relevant to various business industries when creating business/functional/system requirements.
- Configure business rules and business/functional/system requirements for improvements or new additions to the current computer system.
- Responsible for computer system maintenance policies such as Version Control, Form Management, Baseline Management, Change Management, and Release Management.
- Responsible for maintenance and improvements/enhancements to the existing technology within a business organization.
Technology Analyst Job Listings
Key Stats for Technology Analyst
Rated 4 out of 5
based on 3 votes.