Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Treasurer is $91,888 in 2023
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Treasurers?
An entry-level Treasurer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $62,400 based on 9 salaries. An early career Treasurer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $67,335 based on 93 salaries. A mid-career Treasurer …Read more
What Do Treasurers Do?
Treasurers manage daily cash flow for their organization and help improve banking services. They are also responsible for creating and presenting departmental strategy to management, as well as create reports and data analysis for use of the management team. Other tasks performed by treasurers include directing, managing, disciplining, and evaluating staff under their supervision. These professionals also serve as advisers to the management team. As well as helping control the company's debt …Read more
- Invest excess cash in a manner which receives the highest returns with acceptable levels of risk.
- Provide regular analysis, forecasts, and reports on the organization's financial condition.
- Maintain accurate records of an organization's accounts and investments, and determine cash liquidity needs.
- Manage the payroll, accounting for salaries, benefits, and taxes.
- Review and approve plans for taking on debt, and handle procedures for taking out loans or selling bonds.
How do Treasurers Rate Their Jobs?
FAQs About Treasurers
What is the highest pay for Treasurers?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Treasurer is $197k / year
What is the lowest pay for Treasurers?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Treasurer is $43k / year
How can Treasurers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Treasurer is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Treasurer that oversees more junior Treasurers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.