Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Water Resources Engineer is $75,205
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Water Resources Engineers?
An entry-level Water Resources Engineer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $57,391 based on 6 salaries. An early career Water Resources Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $62,752 based on 23 …Read more
What Do Water Resources Engineers Do?
Water resources engineers are responsible for handling all of the engineering on water resources and preparing services and analyses on behalf of their organization. They are in charge of performing water resources calculation and suggest changes to the current resources model. These individuals have extensive technical knowledge to modify current parameters and prepare hydraulic models. They work with other engineers to complete studies and write detailed reports based on their results and …Read more
- Conduct hydrologic and/or hydraulic analyses to collect data and assess sites.
- Write reports and correspondence, including tracking costs and schedules.
- Design, amend and update plans and drawings according to collected data.
- Facilitate project management and communication across team members.
- Model, design and map proposed and current sites and projects.