Avg. Base Hourly Rate (ZAR)
The average hourly pay for an Ammonia Refrigeration Technician is R130.00
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Ammonia Refrigeration Technicians?
An early career Ammonia Refrigeration Technician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R56.68 based on 16 salaries. A mid-career Ammonia Refrigeration Technician with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R165.00 based on 6 salaries. …Read more
What Do Ammonia Refrigeration Technicians Do?
An ammonia refrigeration technician is responsible for maintaining, repairing, and examining refrigeration systems, working specifically with ammonia refrigeration. This role requires performing preventative maintenance to refrigeration systems. They also respond to any breakdowns , meaning they may need to be on call to conduct emergency repairs. These technicians must be able to perform physical tasks such as scaling tall buildings, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, and moving around …Read more
- Confer with operators and observes, tests, and evaluates operation of machinery and equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Disassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
- Interface with state and federal government agencies as required.
- Operate refrigeration, steam generation and all utility systems.
- Perform daily chemical testing and logging all test results, making adjustments required to maintain refrigeration & utility system within established limits.