Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for an Associate Attorney is R319,071
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Associate Attorneys?
An entry-level Associate Attorney with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R210,383 based on 6 salaries. An early career Associate Attorney with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R304,702 based on 253 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Associate Attorneys Do?
Associate attorneys are lawyers who usually have a minimal amount of experience in the field. Many are just out of law school and developing their careers. Associate attorneys typically start out under the guidance of an experienced attorney, assisting with cases and writing reports. After gaining experience, associate attorneys can move up in the ranks of a law firm and start taking on their own clients, and acting as the lead attorney in cases. Associate attorneys essentially do the same job …Read more
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.