Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for a Cardiac Surgeon is R350,000
What Do Cardiac Surgeons Do?
Cardiac surgeons are responsible for performing heart surgeries and other complex operations on patients with heart conditions. These surgeons must be organized and pay close attention to detail to facilitate surgeries, and they must work well in a team environment with other surgeons and medical professionals to complete all objectives under strict deadlines.
Cardiac surgeons must provide therapy recommendations for patients with arrhythmia and other heart illnesses and disturbances. They …Read more
- Provide operative, preoperative and critical care diagnosis, treatment and procedures for patients with pathological conditions of the chest.
- Communicate with families and patients regarding care plans and make referrals to other specialists as per the standard of care.
- Treat pathologic conditions of the lung, esophagus and chest wall, abnormalities of the great vessels, tumors of the mediastinum, and diseases of the diaphragm and pericardium.
- Treat complications of ischemic heart disease (for example, coronary artery bypass grafting), correct congenital heart disease, or treat valvular heart disease created by various causes including endocarditis.
- Provide surgical care of coronary artery disease, abnormalities of the great vessels and heart valves, congenital anomalies, tumors and diseases of the diaphragm.