Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for a Construction Foreman is R133,332
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Construction Foremen?
A mid-career Construction Foreman with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R210,940 based on 37 salaries. An experienced Construction Foreman with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R366,272 based on 43 salaries. In their late …Read more
What Do Construction Foremen Do?
A construction foreperson supervises a construction crew. The construction may relate to the erection or repair of a building or and an infrastructure, such as a bridge. The foreperson will schedule work for the crew and may also be responsible for making proposals and obtaining new jobs. The foreperson will be expected to have construction experience. The foreperson will need to assist the crew wherever help is needed, including carrying out hard labor. The abilities to work in extreme …Read more
- Communicate and enforce all safety regulations.
- Manage supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Coordinate essential personnel on-site for the project.
- Plan, direct and budget activities concerned with the construction of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Read and interpret site plans, construction drawings and scopes of work.