The average hourly pay for an Instrument Technician at Tongaat Hulett Starch in South Africa is R96.72.
Is Instrument Technician your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
R0 - R97
R0 - R268,063
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Instrument Technician
Most instrument technician jobs fall mainly into two fields: medical and electrical. While there is a wee bit of overlap between the two fields (for example, both usually require the ability to operate in fast-paced environments), in most respects, the two are very different jobs indeed. For starters, the medical instrument technician is responsible for the sterilization of operating room instruments between procedures. This implies knowledge of sterilization processes, as well as how to operat…Read more
Instrument Technician Tasks
- Calibrate temperature, pressure, flow, or other characteristics of instruments.
- Assemble, disassemble, and test parts of instruments.
- Audit and maintain spare parts inventory and manage documentation around instruments.
- Respond to outages and problems promptly and document root causes.
- Maintain, repair, and troubleshoot instrumentation.
Instrument Technician Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Related Job Salaries
R27k - R405k
R155k - R491k
R101k - R453k
R47k - R459k
R71k - R296k
R60k - R393k
R23k - R412k
R198k - R484k
R140k - R432k
R178k - R979k