Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for an Instrument Technician is R364,018
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Instrument Technicians?
An early career Instrument Technician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R305,993 based on 60 salaries. A mid-career Instrument Technician with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R395,434 based on 35 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Instrument Technicians Do?
Most instrument technician jobs fall mainly into two fields: medical and electrical. While there is a wee bit of overlap between the two fields (for example, both usually require the ability to operate in fast-paced environments), in most respects, the two are very different jobs indeed.
For starters, the medical instrument technician is responsible for the sterilization of operating room instruments between procedures. This implies knowledge of sterilization processes, as well as how to …Read more
- Calibrate temperature, pressure, flow, or other characteristics of instruments.
- Assemble, disassemble, and test parts of instruments.
- Audit and maintain spare parts inventory and manage documentation around instruments.
- Respond to outages and problems promptly and document root causes.
- Maintain, repair, and troubleshoot instrumentation.