Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for a Mine Engineer is R700,000
What Do Mine Engineers Do?
Mine engineers work primarily for mining companies and provide technical support and directions for their operations. They also provide estimates relevant to mining construction and are involved with capital/expense projects and equipment selection for the company's mining operations.
Mine engineers may be involved in the customizing, troubleshooting, upgrading, and even rebuilding of mining equipment and should decide when machinery must be replaced. They work directly with both equipment …Read more
- Design mine schematics using AutoCAD software to enable secure, efficient natural resource removal.
- Assist with the planning and execution of closing and filling an exhausted mine.
- Offer technical and engineering support to management, fellow engineers, upper level staff, and mining equipment.
- Supervise mine construction from beginning to end, creating computer models of mining sites to mitigate risk and plan layout.
- Perform intensive research into sustainability, environmental impact, and feasibility of the mining operation.