Avg. Base Salary (ZAR)
The average salary for a Psychologist is R250,000
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Psychologists?
An early career Psychologist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of R200,000 based on 11 salaries. A mid-career Psychologist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of R250,000 based on 5 salaries. In their late career (20 years and …Read more
What Do Psychologists Do?
Psychologists employ their education and knowledge of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V) to provide diagnostic interviews, psychological testing, and individual and group psychotherapy. They may work as part of a multidisciplinary team, and consult with other professionals regarding patient care. These other professionals vary depending upon the type of psychologist. For instance, a school psychologist may work with teachers, social workers, counselors, and …Read more
- Conduct psychological exams, providing recommendations about courses of treatment and diagnosis.
- Participate in and recruit for applied research in psychology.
- Respond to crises with appropriate interventions and change treatment plans to respond to changing circumstances.
- Administer and interpret psychological tests and measurements, and document results internally and for patients.
- Guide patients through treatment regimens like behavior modification, psychotherapy, and group therapy.