Salary and Career News Round Up: The Simpsons, Steve Jobs, and Holiday Gigs
By Elise Oras, PayScale.com
What's going on in the world of salary, career and wages? We pulled together some of the stories you may have missed this past week.
- Business Insider highlights the jobs where pay is finally recovering from the recession.
- The show will go on; the cast of The Simpsons accepts a pay cut.
- You don’t need a degree to earn a good paycheck: 10 Best-Paid Skilled Labor Jobs
- Is #OccupyWallStreet is a just a passing phase?
- 103,000 jobs were added to the US Economy in September, but the unemployment rate remains at 9.1%.
- Learning to say, “No,” and other career risks worth trying.
- With half of all US workers reporting they are unhappy with their job, think about how to find a job you love.
- In the UK, stress is now the leading cause of long term sick leave.
- Job searching can lead to stress and low self esteem. Learn tips to give you the added confidence you need to land your next gig.
- Retailers are expecting to hire more (or at least the same) amount seasonal workers for the holidays.
And finally, the world lost a visionary and innovator passed away this past Wednesday from pancreatic cancer. In pictures: Steve Jobs’ career