Recruiters work in a variety of fields, with one of the most common positions being a job recruiter. A job recruiter is hired by a particular company to find qualified employees. They often explore popular resume-posting websites and seek out qualified candidates for interviews; many recruiters often travel to job fairs and various events for job seekers. Recruiters may work for a single company or for multiple companies at once as an independent contractor.
Recruiters must be good at identifying talent and persuading people to interview with a particular company. They must be good judges of character and able to work with multiple departments within their company or companies. A college degree in a relevant field, such as human resources, may be required for recruiting positions.
- May be involved in writing and placing advertising for open positions in publications; online and print.
- Source, screen and interview applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, and job skills for open positions; may utilize ATS.
- Arrange for interviews and provide travel arrangements as necessary.
- Establish and maintain relationships with hiring managers to stay abreast of current and future hiring and business needs.
- Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures.