Senior Speech Pathologist Salary
The average pay for a Senior Speech Pathologist is $77,129 per year. Most people in this job have more than five years' experience in related jobs.
Job Description for Senior Speech Pathologist
Senior speech pathologists help patients to regain their speech or correct imperfections which lead to irregularities in speech. They also help others to speak more efficiently and accurately and understand verbal and nonverbal communication from others, which helps patients to live more fulfilling and rewarding lives.Read More...
Senior speech pathologists typically work in a medical facility to see patients directly for speech sessions, and some work at research centers, as well. They often work with other speech pathologists and serve as the head of their department or organization, and they may also oversee technicians and other pathologists.
A master's degree in speech pathology is generally required for this position. Speech pathology is a very specific field which requires direct experience and specialized education to reach a senior position, and typical workdays include reviewing speech therapy results to monitor patients' progress and helping to direct and guide therapy programs for each patient. Senior speech pathologists may take some patients directly, especially those in need of extra support, and they may also check in on speech pathology sessions throughout the day and provide feedback to other speech pathologists.
Senior Speech Pathologist Tasks
- Document the initial evaluation, treatment, progress and discharge of patients.
- Instruct patients in communication techniques and teach speech, muscle and breathing exercises.
- Develop, implement and monitor treatment plans for problems such as stuttering, delayed language, swallowing disorders and or voice problems, adjust treatments accordingly.
- Administer hearing, speech and language evaluations, tests and examinations to patients.
- Evaluate hearing, speech and language test results, medical background to diagnose and plan treatment for speech, language, fluency, voice and swallowing disorders.
Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) Job Listings
Search for more jobs:
Key Stats for Senior Speech Pathologist
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 5 votes.