The average hourly pay for a Bar Tender in Sydney, New South Wales is AU$23.31.
Is Bar Tender your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
AU$17 - AU$26
AU$35,185 - AU$55,594
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Bar Tender
Bar tenders play a key role in the operation of any tavern, pub, or restaurant which offers alcoholic beverages by executing these orders for guests and making beverages for servers who deliver them to guests. Bar tending is a position which incorporates aspects of customer service and an ability to think and work quickly in what can be a high-stress environment. Many outside the profession believe that a key attribute for a bar tender is an encyclopedic knowledge of drink recipes. However, gue…Read more
Bar Tender Tasks
- Provide beer, wine, liquor and related bar service to guests.
- Collect customer payment, provide receipts, and keep an accurate till through a shift.
- Keep a clean workstation that adheres to all applicable liquor laws and health codes relating to the service of food and drink.
- Follow recipes to make cost-efficient, accurate, and consistent drinks for all customers.
- Track inventory, memorize beer, wine and spirit menu, and be aware of all prices.
Popular Employer Salaries for Bar Tender
Bar Tender Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay by Experience Level for Bar Tender
An early career Bar Tender with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$22.23 based on 11 salaries. A mid-career Bar Tender with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$23.50 based on 9 salaries.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with .NET Software Developer / Programmer in these locations earn less than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Brisbane, Queensland (13.7% less), Melbourne, Victoria (11.1% less) and Adelaide, South Australia (9.4% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 20 survey responses.