The average hourly pay for a Cafe Manager in Australia is AU$23.83.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Cafe Managers Do?
A cafe manager is the person who is ultimately responsible for all of the operations at a cafe. As the final line of authority of the location, the manager plans, directs, and coordinates the cafe's operations. This includes scheduling employee hours, delegating tasks to staff, overseeing staff performance, and making any necessary corrections or reprimands to employee activity. The cafe manager is also responsible for ensuring that customers are treated in a pleasant and respectful manner, and …Read more
Cafe Manager Tasks
- Manage employees engaged in serving customers, taking orders, and preparing food and drink.
- Manage day-to-day cafe operations, ensuring adequate stock of food and drink supplies, the premises are clean and presentable, and that customers are served in a timely fashion.
- Plan and prepare work schedules and assign employees to specific duties in the cafe.
- Ensure that company safety standards are met and that all food and drink is prepared according to all federal and local health regulations.
- Provide ongoing training and coaching to staff on company guidelines, policies, and procedures.
Popular Employer Salaries for Cafe Manager
Cafe Manager Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Cafe Managers?
Skills in Customer Service, People Management and Training are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Sales Management and Order Inventory.
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Cafe Managers?
An entry-level Cafe Manager with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$23.21 based on 27 salaries. An early career Cafe Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$23.34 based on 334 salaries. A mid-career Cafe Manager with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$24.18 based on 238 salaries. An experienced Cafe Manager with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$24.37 based on 212 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of AU$24.
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Cafe Manager in their job title in Adelaide, South Australia earn an average of 3.4% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Sydney, New South Wales (3.2% more) and Perth, Western Australia (0.5% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Darwin, Northern Territory (7.0% less), Melbourne, Victoria (5.0% less) and Gold Coast, Queensland (2.2% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 878 survey responses.