Avg. Base Hourly Rate (AUD)
The average hourly pay for a Cafe Manager is AU$24.89
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Cafe Managers?
An entry-level Cafe Manager with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$24.40 based on 23 salaries. An early career Cafe Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$24.50 based on 317 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Cafe Managers Do?
A cafe manager is the person who is ultimately responsible for all of the operations at a cafe. As the final line of authority of the location, the manager plans, directs, and coordinates the cafe's operations. This includes scheduling employee hours, delegating tasks to staff, overseeing staff performance, and making any necessary corrections or reprimands to employee activity. The cafe manager is also responsible for ensuring that customers are treated in a pleasant and respectful manner, and …Read more
- Manage employees engaged in serving customers, taking orders, and preparing food and drink.
- Manage day-to-day cafe operations, ensuring adequate stock of food and drink supplies, the premises are clean and presentable, and that customers are served in a timely fashion.
- Plan and prepare work schedules and assign employees to specific duties in the cafe.
- Ensure that company safety standards are met and that all food and drink is prepared according to all federal and local health regulations.
- Provide ongoing training and coaching to staff on company guidelines, policies, and procedures.
FAQs About Cafe Managers
What is the highest pay for Cafe Managers?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Cafe Manager is A$29.02 / hour
What is the lowest pay for Cafe Managers?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Cafe Manager is A$20.53 / hour
How can Cafe Managers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Cafe Manager is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Cafe Manager that oversees more junior Cafe Managers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.