Avg. Base Salary (AUD)
The average salary for an Environmental Health Officer is AU$70,022
What Do Environmental Health Officers Do?
The average environmental health officer is responsible for investigating incidents that regard human and environmental health such as accidents at work, noise pollution, environmental pollution, toxic contamination, food poisoning, waste management, and pest infestations. There is a large amount of time that is spent away from the office visiting properties such as food outlets, farms, shops, commercial premises, private/public accommodations, and industrial organizations. Other various …Read more
- Develop and implement health and safety plans, data capture and ongoing analysis.
- Set up and implement hazardous waste, wastewater or toxin management programs.
- Oversee and review health and safety documentation and data.
- Coordinate safety and environmental audits and actions to remedy faults and remediate.
- Consult with all departments to provide expertise and ensure compliance with standards, processes and permits.