Avg. Base Salary (AUD)
The average salary for a Gym Manager is AU$49,339
What Do Gym Managers Do?
Gym managers ensure gyms and fitness clubs run smoothly. Some common duties include preparing financial projections for owners, analyzing foot traffic and overall gym popularity, managing inventory, and ordering supplies and equipment. They also recruit, hire, and manage trainers and other workers, as well as arrange for cleaning and repairs, design ads, and ensure gym members receive excellent customer service. Gym managers are hired by many employers, including universities, sports teams, …Read more
- Manage budget to maximize profits, overseeing the payroll and department expenditures.
- Meet with gym staff and owner to facilitate communication of objectives, needs, and concerns.
- Direct all aspects of the gym, including membership, front desk, facility maintenance, classes, and programs.
- Set short and long term goals, plan future improvements and expansion.
- Maintain a positive relationship between customers and the fitness club through effective communication and outreach.