Avg. Base Salary (AUD)
The average salary for a Payroll Specialist is AU$76,913
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Payroll Specialists?
An early career Payroll Specialist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$68,063 based on 20 salaries. A mid-career Payroll Specialist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of AU$77,420 based on 41 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do Payroll Specialists Do?
Payroll specialists can be found in many industries from small businesses to large organizations. Job responsibilities often include payroll processing, maintaining personnel databases, and managing budgetary expenditures. Knowledge and experience with tax laws, union contracts, wage and hour laws, and common fiscal procedures are important. Most payroll specialists are expected to have a good understanding of budgetary operations. Payroll specialists report to a supervisor who oversees the …Read more
- Maintain current knowledge of IRS regulations.
- Compile and submit payroll deductions related check requests and payments.
- Maintain, prepare and process payroll for organization personnel.
- Audit employee timesheets for hours worked and accuracy.
- Prepare payroll related journal entries for period-end.