Senior Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house) Salary (Australia)
The average salary for a Senior Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house) is AU$128,482 per year. Most people with this job move on to other positions after 20 years in this career.
|Salary||AU$82,434 - AU$243,610|
|Bonus||AU$3,020 - AU$50,684|
|Total Pay (|
XTotal Pay combines base annual salary or hourly wage, bonuses, profit sharing, tips, commissions, overtime pay and other forms of cash earnings, as applicable for this job. It does not include equity (stock) compensation, cash value of retirement benefits, or the value of other non-cash benefits (e.g. healthcare).)
|AU$90,604 - AU$293,614|
Job Description for Senior Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house)
Corporate, in-house senior attorneys/lawyers (corporate, in-house) typically work for a specific company rather than work for or operate their own law firm, though they usually have an office in the same building as the rest of the company’s administration. These senior attorneys must be available for whenever the company needs legal advice on a product or encounters legal trouble, and they also advise on most projects to explain the legalities of important tasks.Read More...
Senior corporate attorneys must find evidence to initiate legal action or establish a defense should a party take legal action against the company. They must develop strategies and arguments for presenting cases and analyzing and interpreting any laws, rules, and regulations related to possible case outcomes for businesses and employees of the company. They may also represent the company in court before government agencies and present cases to judges and juries, and must also advise the company and its employees in business transactions, legal rights and obligations, and claim liability. They must also appear on behalf of the company in court and select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
These lawyers typically work exclusively for one company and its clients and do not take on legal work outside the company. They may work alone, as part of a legal team, or as head of a legal team to advise other lawyers depending on the size of the company. (Copyright 2018 PayScale.com)
Senior Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house) Tasks
- Advise clients in business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits or legal rights and obligations.
- Select jurors, argue motions, meet with judges, and question witnesses during the course of a trial.
- Analyze and interpret laws, rulings, and regulations with probable case outcomes for individuals and businesses.
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies, present and summarize cases to judges and juries.
- Gather evidence to formulate defense or to initiate legal actions; evaluate findings and develop strategies and arguments for presentation of cases.
Senior Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house) Job Listings
Pay Difference by Location
Key Stats for Senior Attorney / Lawyer (Corporate, in-house)