The average salary for an Academic Director in Canada is C$53,996.
Is Academic Director your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
C$30k - C$101k
C$0 - C$2k
C$32k - C$102k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Academic Director
Academic directors are responsible for developing and directing all academic programs and strategies for colleges and universities. Strong business and management skills are necessary in this position to provide leadership and guidance and interact with students and their families, and they're also tasked with developing curricula and hiring and training academic personnel. Academic directors serve as liaisons for human resources (HR) employees and executive officers to establish outlines for …Read more
Academic Director Tasks
- Oversee curriculum and content development, revisions, and evaluations.
- Review data to update strategies.
- Interact with the public, the media, students, faculty, staff, and prospective students.
- Manage staff to ensure course materials, instruction, reception, and facilities are up to standards.
- Research and make recommendations about technology and instructional delivery.
Job Satisfaction for Academic Director
Academic Director Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay by Experience Level for Academic Director
An early career Academic Director with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of C$48,000 based on 5 salaries. An experienced Academic Director with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$71,500 based on 7 salaries.
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 12 survey responses.