Avg. Base Salary (CAD)
The average salary for an Accounting Clerk is C$40,000
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Accounting Clerks?
An early career Accounting Clerk with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of C$37,200 based on 10 salaries. A mid-career Accounting Clerk with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$38,974 based on 6 salaries. An experienced Accounting …Read more
What Do Accounting Clerks Do?
Accounting clerks generally work in offices, and travel is not required for the job. They must have exceptional knowledge of all ledger accounts, such as accounts payable/receivable, cash, and many others. These clerks may work only with accounts payable/receivable, while others may coordinate various accounts for their companies, and other duties may include working with both customers and vendors.
Candidates should have excellent customer service skills and close attention to detail in order …Read more
- Sort documents and post debits/credits to proper account .
- Verify amounts and codes on various forms for accuracy.
- Balance entries and make necessary corrections.
- Maintain and make necessary adjustments to records and/or logs such as journals, payroll/ time reports, or property records.
- Verify and reconcile simple bank statements or department records.