The average salary for a Department Administrator in Canada is C$58,982.
Is Department Administrator your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
C$44k - C$69k
C$0 - C$2k
C$33k - C$69k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Department Administrator
Department administrators perform a variety of administrative duties for their companies’ management teams by coordinating departmental activities and events. Their duties differ depending on the industry and position, and department administrators positions can be clerical or managerial. Department administrators who have managerial duties usually make executive decisions and supervise clerical and administrative staff. This means they delegate clerical and administrative work to their subord…Read more
Department Administrator Tasks
- Oversee the development and implementation of departmental programs and curriculum.
- Recruit students for the department, evaluate applications for admission into the department, and monitor student progress.
- Prepare and administer the department budget, work to secure additional funding through grants, alumni, or other sources.
- Work out schedules for classes offered by the department and assign teachers to the classes.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate department teaching staff and provide opportunities for professional development.
Job Satisfaction for Department Administrator
Department Administrator Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Department Administrator
Pay by Experience Level for Department Administrator
An early career Department Administrator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of C$52,500 based on 6 salaries. A mid-career Department Administrator with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$61,463 based on 6 salaries. An experienced Department Administrator with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$56,000 based on 6 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of C$63,500.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 24 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
C$31k - C$52k
C$32k - C$54k
C$37k - C$69k
C$40k - C$70k
C$28k - C$44k
C$28k - C$51k
C$32k - C$62k
C$34k - C$59k
C$32k - C$59k
C$30k - C$51k