The average salary for an Experienced Executive Director with Program Management skills in Ottawa, Ontario is C$81,389.
Tell us about your job and pay factors like skills and education Find your market worth with a report tailored to you Negotiate your pay with confidence
What Do Executive Directors Do?
Executive directors typically act as senior managers of organizations and businesses. Their responsibilities and duties can vary depending on where these professionals work; however, most duties are universal. Executive directors help to design, develop, and implement strategic plans to help their company work in a cost- and time-efficient manner. They are also responsible for overseeing day-to-day activity for the company, as well as developing future plans.
The executive director is in some …Read more
Executive Director Tasks
- Direct and track operational budget decisions to increase strategic reach and report findings to the Board of Directors.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with the press, partners, the community and clients.
- Supervise department heads and conduct performance reviews.
- Develop, maintain, expand and promote departments, services and offerings.
- Analyze operations to enhance efficiency and meet strategic goals.
Executive Director Job Listings
What Are Popular Skills for Executive Directors?
Skills in Leadership, Strategic Planning, Operations Management, Budget Management and People Management are correlated to pay that is above average.
Pay Difference by Location
Employees with Executive Director in their job title in Vancouver, British Columbia earn an average of 14.3% more than the national average. These job titles also find higher than average salaries in Toronto, Ontario (10.6% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Winnipeg, Manitoba (26.1% less) and Edmonton, Alberta (22.9% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 6 survey responses.
More Cities for Executive Director