Avg. Base Salary (CAD)
The average salary for a Small Business Owner is C$68,879 in 2023
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Small Business Owners?
An early career Small Business Owner with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of C$51,936 based on 8 salaries. A mid-career Small Business Owner with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of C$55,000 based on 9 salaries. An experienced Small …Read more
What Do Small Business Owners Do?
Small business owners are the financial and/or executive heads of small business. Their duties can be as simple as serving as the profit-maker of the business and delegating authority to a management team; however, many small business owners are constantly engaged in growing and operating their business.
Becoming a small business owner does require capital to begin, and/or finding investors and raising capital. Small business owners must either develop their own plans, or, in other cases, pay …Read more
- Oversee company operations, directing production, sales, administrative, and/or distribution activities.
- Oversee and/or assist with personnel management, including hiring, training, and performance evaluation.
- Oversee and/or assist with client acquisition and marketing strategies.
- Develop and/or assist with company-wide policies, procedures, objectives, and business strategies.
- Direct and review financial activities, measuring productivity, setting prices, and/or managing budgets.
How do Small Business Owners Rate Their Jobs?
FAQs About Small Business Owners
What is the highest pay for Small Business Owners?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Small Business Owner is CA$246k / year
What is the lowest pay for Small Business Owners?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Small Business Owner is CA$38k / year
How can Small Business Owners increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Small Business Owner is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Small Business Owner that oversees more junior Small Business Owners, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.