The average hourly pay for an Experienced Small Business Owner / Operator with Project Management skills in Canada is C$39.56.
Is Small Business Owner / Operator your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
C$0 - C$40
C$57,200 - C$122,600
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Small Business Owner / Operator
Small business owners and operators work in a variety of industries such as retail goods, auto repair, home inspection, and many others. Their primary duties (outside of their respective skill or trade) include managing employees, providing customer service, promoting their business, filing and documenting appropriate business accounts, and ensuring their business meets any local, state, and federal requirements. Small business owners may work from a storefront, office space, or even from their …Read more
Small Business Owner / Operator Tasks
- Oversee company operations, directing production, sales, administrative, and/or distribution activities.
- Oversee and/or assist with personnel management, including hiring, training, and performance evaluation.
- Oversee and/or assist with client acquisition and marketing strategies.
- Develop and/or assist with company-wide policies, procedures, objectives, and business strategies.
- Direct and review financial activities, measuring productivity, setting prices, and/or managing budgets.
Explore the most common career paths for Small Business Owner / Operator. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
Small Business Owner / Operator
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)
Small Business Owner / Operator Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Small Business Owner / Operator
Avg. Hourly Rate
Skills that pay less than market rate include Sales, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Operations Management.
Related Job Salaries
C$44k - C$106k
C$34k - C$65k
C$46k - C$122k
C$30k - C$51k
C$12k - C$42k
C$37k - C$69k
C$30k - C$59k
C$50k - C$104k
C$31k - C$52k
C$26k - C$68k