The average salary for a Town Planner in Canada is C$53,500.
Is Town Planner your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
C$47k - C$88k
C$48k - C$86k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Town Planner
Town planners specialize in short- and long-term decisions involving community development. Their aim to oversee the development of aspects such as agriculture, tourism, and transportation to optimize the town's growth. Town planning is a broad area of work and requires a broad range of skills to match. Some planners focus on particular areas, such as historical development or environmental aspects of building. Duties associated with town planner positions include filing zoning requests with cit…Read more
Town Planner Tasks
- Develop long and short term plans for land use, growth, maintenance, and revitalization.
- Monitor relevant legislation and ensure compliance of all projects with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Assist and make recommendations on funding allocations for programs or transportation projects.
- Develop, design, and implement studies on transportation, air quality, housing, and population, and analyze and report on results.
- Address social, economic, environmental, and health problems by making recommendations location improvements or zoning regulations.
Explore the most common career paths for Town Planner. Thickness and color of lines indicates popularity of movement from one job to the next. Visit our career path planner to research other job paths.
More common (> 20%)
Somewhat common (8 - 20%)
Less common (< 8%)