Avg. Base Salary (CAD)
The average salary for a Victim Advocate is C$59,170 in 2023
What Do Victim Advocates Do?
Victim advocates work with victims of various crimes, usually those of domestic violence, and typically work for a non-profit organization or government entity, such as a police department.
Victim advocates work with parties such as detectives and police officers in order to intervene in times of crisis, and it may be necessary to help victims develop "exit plans." These advocates may help provide temporary shelter for the victim and obtain necessary medical services, and usually continue to …Read more
- Provide crisis intervention, support, information and resources to victims.
- Complete client paperwork and document all victim interactions.
- Prepare victim for interviews and court proceedings, attend hearings and interviews in support of victim.
- Work in concert with various entities to address problems and support victim.
- Assess victim needs and make referrals to community service agencies.
FAQs About Victim Advocates
What is the highest pay for Victim Advocates?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Victim Advocate is CA$NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for Victim Advocates?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Victim Advocate is CA$NaN / year
How can Victim Advocates increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Victim Advocate is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Victim Advocate that oversees more junior Victim Advocates, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.