The average salary for a Fashion Designer with Product Development skills in Hong Kong is HK$297,270.
Is Fashion Designer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
HK$12k - HK$974k
HK$21k - HK$70k
HK$12k - HK$1m
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Fashion Designer
A fashion designer creates designs for items like clothing, shoes, and accessories. Prior to creating a prototype, the designer will create a sketch of the clothing. Usually, this clothing concept will then be presented to management, who will approve the clothing so that a prototype can be created. The fashion designer will often be expected to have sewing skills, in order to create the first clothing example. When the design is handed over to a factory or other clothing producer, the designer …Read more
Fashion Designer Tasks
- Draw patterns and specifications for articles of clothing, determining factors such as design, colors, materials, and methods of production.
- Promote designs by displaying samples of clothing at sales meetings and fashion shows.
- Follow fashion trends by researching customer preferences, attending fashion shows, and reading fashion publications.
- Develop design ideas based on targeted demographic and preferences of management or clients.
- Supervise assistants creating patterns and producing samples of articles of clothing.
Fashion Designer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Fashion Designer
Skills that pay less than market rate include Adobe Photoshop, Design and Adobe Illustrator.
Pay by Experience Level for Fashion Designer
A mid-career Fashion Designer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of HK$297,270 based on 8 salaries. An experienced Fashion Designer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of HK$500,000 based on 5 salaries.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 13 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
HK$25k - HK$288k
HK$25k - HK$400k
HK$20k - HK$431k
HK$26k - HK$368k
HK$198k - HK$520k
HK$73k - HK$225k
HK$52k - HK$1m
HK$242k - HK$596k
HK$47k - HK$900k
HK$175k - HK$618k